Parents know that they play an important role in their child’s success. But traditional family engagement practices don’t always meet the needs of each and every family, nor treat them as equal partners in ensuring their child’s success. Family-School partnerships often focus primarily on academic success, but whole child development is also an essential part of the conversation.
The solution? Transformative Family Engagement. Check out the resources below!
Transformative family engagement is a shared effort of families, schools and community leaders to advance programs, practices and policies that empower every parent to make their child’s potential a reality.
The Four ‘I’s of transformative family engagement [pdf linked below] outline how your PTA can become more inclusive, individualized, integrated and impactful in its approach to family engagement.
- National PTA- WEBINAR- Transformative Family Engagement- English
- National PTA- “Four I’s” of Transformative Family Engagement
- National PTA- Los Cuatro “I” Principios Rectores de la Participación Familiar Transformadora
- National PTA- How to Welcome Diverse Perspectives into your PTA
- National PTA- Cómo Acoger Perspectivas Diversas en su PTA